RIAA and SWAT Teams – a new copyright enforcement dream team?
Just when you thought that the RIAA couldn’t get any more crazy and fundamentalist, they send in the SWAT teams. Yes, in Detroit, an RIAA operation against two mix-tape DJ’s Drama and Canon was ‘executed’ by a SWAT team in the presence of an Atlanta Fox News team, with added commentary from RIAA representative Matthew Kilgo (Klingon perhaps?). You can read about the affair and its self-cannibalizing nature in Tom Breihan’s blog at the Village Voice. On with the jihad!
No comments yet.
- The FCC and the Tectonics of Commercial Surveillance
- End2End: Privacy Theatre or Promise Deferred?
- A 2016 Almanac
- The Machinic Sewer
- A Yahoo User’s Journey through the Unknown
- Filmpiraten Crush Austrofascists (at first instance…)
- Pirate Residuum
- Readings from the Book of (library) Genesis
- Cyberspace – the Fifth domain of Warfare?
- Demystifying AdTech
- The Hymn of Acxiom
- Knowledge is born free, yet is everywhere in chains…
- civil liberties
- Data Protection
- European Court of Justice
- european directives
- european regulations
- european union
- material culture
- open video
- Pirate Bay
- Pirate Party
- social cooperation
- steal this film