Stiglitz on Prizes for Medical Research
Via e-laser, a pointer to a recent article, Scrooge and intellectual property rights, by Joseph Stiglitz, former chief economist at the World Bank, and renegade for whistling in church during the the neo-liberal liturgy. His piece in the British Medical Journal is a call for the creation of prize funds to incentify public medical research. This is an idea being pushed by Jamie Love from the Consumer Project on Technology and Access to Essential medicines campaign, whose submission to the WHO is cited by Stiglitz.
No comments yet.
- The FCC and the Tectonics of Commercial Surveillance
- End2End: Privacy Theatre or Promise Deferred?
- A 2016 Almanac
- The Machinic Sewer
- A Yahoo User’s Journey through the Unknown
- Filmpiraten Crush Austrofascists (at first instance…)
- Pirate Residuum
- Readings from the Book of (library) Genesis
- Cyberspace – the Fifth domain of Warfare?
- Demystifying AdTech
- The Hymn of Acxiom
- Knowledge is born free, yet is everywhere in chains…
- civil liberties
- Data Protection
- European Court of Justice
- european directives
- european regulations
- european union
- material culture
- open video
- Pirate Bay
- Pirate Party
- social cooperation
- steal this film